- The “Orphans and Vulnerable Children” (OVC) group program started in 2009 and to date, HFHM has constructed 200 houses for the vulnerable families in six communities.
- The services include:
- Improved housing: HFHM construct two, three or four-room houses for vulnerable families. In addition, each family is provided with a ventilated improved pit-latrine to improve sanitation and hygiene.
- Malaria prevention training: HFHM provides three insecticide-treated mosquito nets per family. Families are also trained on good sanitation and hygiene practices to prevent diseases, including malaria.
- HIV prevention training: The training is aimed at preventing new infections arising from sexual exploitation, especially of the girls and caregivers.
- Vocational skills training: It is provided to older OVC, especially those who dropped out from school. The package includes provision of tools and equipment like carpentry or sewing machines.
- Property and inheritance rights training: It aims to protect the OVC from property grabbing. The training is offered to OVC caregivers and gate keepers.
Use the following links below to download the video produced by one of our team members. There is a high resolution version available for viewing on a tablet or PC. Please click on the version Read more…